Minimum Requirements For Volunteer Firefighter Membership
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Reside within the Central Valley Fire District or close enough to then District
boundaries to respond to emergency calls within a reasonable time.
- Must have a valid Drivers License.
- Satisfactorily complete the Assessment Center.
- Satisfactorily complete Basic Training Firefighting Course and Montana EMT-Basic Course. (Non-prerequisite. Both courses provided by Central Valley Fire upon acceptance)
- Agree to attend a minimum of 30 hours of in-service fire and a minimum
of 30 hours of in- service medical training each year. Both Fire training and EMS training are provided one night per month.
- Will be required to stay overnight at a Fire Station or work a day shift four times per month.
- Agree to keep Montana EMT-Basic certification current.
- Agree to fulfill the job requirements of the volunteer firefighters job
- Agree to abide by all other policies, rules and regulations, and SOP's
as set forth by the Central Valley Fire District Board of Trustees.
UPON RETURNED APPLICATION:
Candidates will be required to pass the following criteria prior to attending
the Recruit Academy.
PHYSICAL ABILITY ASSESSMENT:
- Preliminary Screening: 35' Ladder Climb
- SCBA Reduced Visibility Search
- Physical Test Station: 6 minutes 30 seconds to complete
- Extension Ladder Pull
- Hydrant Rotation
- Hose Pull
- Hose Carry
- Ladder Move
- Attic Crawl
- Manikin Drag
Oral interview with board of Firefighters.
CLICK HERE to view our Training Photo Gallery