Go through each question and give your home a safety check-up
If the answer to any of the questions are NO, you should correct the situation so that the answer is YES. For example, if you answered NO to Question #1, you should install smoke detectors on every level of your home. Your self-inspection of your home should conclude with all “YES” responses on the checklist. For assistance, call the Central Valley Fire District at 388-4480. EMERGENCY - DIAL 911
Smoke Alarms: Alert you to fire - Protect your life when you are sleeping
1. Is there a working smoke alarm(less than 10 years old) on every level of your home?
2. Is there a working smoke alarm near every sleeping area of your home?
3. Do you test your smoke alarm every week, vacuum it monthly, and change the battery when you change your clock
(every 6 months)?
Escape Routes - The sure way to safety
4. Does every member of your family know two ways out of their sleeping area, one inside the home, and one through an exterior window or door?
5. Have you practiced both escape routes during the past year?
6. Have you practiced using a meeting place when you practiced your escape routes?
911 - The call for help
7. Does everyone in your home know how to call 911 - the emergency number for FIRE, SHERIFF, or MEDICAL emergencies?
Home Address - Helping Fire Fighters and Sheriff’s Deputies find you
8. Is your home address posted where your driveway meets the street(with 4" reflective numbers on a reflective, contrasting background)? Is the address sign on a metal post?
9. Is your home address posted on your home(with 4" reflective or contrasting numbers so that it can be seen from the street?
Defensible Space - Helping fire fighters save your home from grass and wildland fires
10. Is the area within 3 feet of every side of your home free from any combustible materials?
11. In the area between 3 and 30 feet from every side of your home, have you replaced uncut grass, brush, or combustible materials with a maintained lawn(watered and mowed), rock, fire resistive plants or other non-combustible materials?
Central Valley Fire District
205 East Main Street
Belgrade, Montana 59714